Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nina B's out

Nina B-

Unfortunately I took a crash at the beginning of September at some dirt jumps in PA and broke my wrist. I did 6 weeks in a cast, and this was the new xray:




If you zoom in on the photo, just below my thumb, the cursor arrow is where my scaphoid bone is apparently still cracked :/ I learned that there is only one blood vessel that goes to this bone, and so healing time is doubled. Sentenced to another 6 weeks in a cast, but the upside is at least I don't need surgery!! Woo!!



And, I get to wear this new "exos" cast, removeable, and waterproof, and they heat it in a nuwave oven to mold it to swelling, and even to my handlebar grips.



Drum roll until Nov.30th for my follow up and hopefully cast off party!! Woo!!

In the meantime I've been holding it down in Cleveland working on another issue of "yeahhhh!" zine, covering my travels and adventures in girls bmx.
check out, "yeah zine" on facebook

No comments: